I’m not sure why pasta is directly correlated with romance…but I think it has an awful lot to do with that noodle scene in “Lady and the Tramp”. Whatever the reason, I’ve got an easy and delicious recipe for two! Use it to impress a date, devour with a friend who appreciates your love for pasta OR enjoy two servings for yourself! These are all great choices. Maybe you could even get two dogs and re-create the famous scene that made us all want to share a noodle kiss with a dog…or human…or cat.
But romance, shomance – what else is good about this dish? It just so happens to be packed with tons of nutritious ingredients that are beneficial for inner health and outer glow. Remember, you’ve got to give your tummy good stuff so that your bod can radiate with natural beauty!
Let’s get started with ingredients:
- Pasta! Make it gluten free with brown rice OR grain free by spiralizing a zucchini!
***I’m using brown rice spaghetti AND sprialized zucchini
- 1/2 onion – wonderful supply of quercitin (a natural antihistamine)
- 1 large Bella Mushroom – high in vitamin D which is amazing for glowing skin!
- 3 cloves Garlic – anti fungal and antibacterial (although some of this is lost in the cooking process)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth – you can cook this at home or use something store bought
- 1/2 – 1 whole Zucchini, depending on how much you want – PRO TIP: don’t peel it because most of the antioxidants are in the skin!
- 2 or 3 big handfuls of leafy kale – the queen of greens due to high content of vitamins A, C and K.
- 1/2 cup Soaked Cashews – amazing source of fat which helps your body absorb all the wonderful nutrients from veggies! ***soak for a few hours before use.
- 1/2 lemon – cuts some of the fat from the cashews and provides extra antioxidants
- 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar – natural probiotic to help increase health of the gut
- As much fresh Basil as you would like – king of the herbs, a bountiful vitamins and minerals
Start by boiling your pasta – or skip this step if you’re making it grain free. Roughly chop and saute onion and mushrooms in oil of your choice (I used coconut). Spirlaize zucchini and put off to the side.
Mince garlic, add to veggies. Stir and add in vegetable broth.
Add zucchini noodles and kale. Give it a good stir!
Drain cashews then blend with lemon and apple cider vinegar. Add pasta and cashew sauce to pan with fresh basil.
Stir everything together and season with salt and pepper. I added red pepper flakes as well.
Wah-lah! Delicious vegan mushroom alfredo! <3
Delicious, super duper easy and sure to please. Enjoy this meal and let me know what you think! But more than anything, please share any “Lady and the Tramp” pictures you might take of you and your special someone eating this together. Everyone’s lives will be better.
P.S. Have you checked out my online classes yet? Balance out the pasta with “Ode to Kali” or aide in the digestion process with “Rechaka Pranayama”.